• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help [Q] When I gat a call the phone shows a picture in a picture for the caller. How do I fix?

pego99

Apr 7, 2011
When I receive a call the phone display shows a small picture inside a larger blurred picture. I can't figure out how to just get one in focus picture.
Anyone know how to fix this? Picture attached.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-09-24-11-03-44.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-09-24-11-03-44.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 166
I've gotten used to it on 4.4. On my S4, there was one photo, but because Google compresses contact photos, the single large image was always heavily pixelated. So, I'm guessing that by having the blurred photo in the background and the small, in focus photo in the foreground, that they thought that would be better..

Upvote 0
what Dialer is that its not the stock samsung one looks like the Stock Google dialer is this on a custom rom ??
Mine only shows the small picture
one thing to check is this a contact stored on the phone that is Linked to a gmail account as well and its showing two accounts
the back picture being the Group or company

Upvote 0
When I first got my phone on release day, I had a LOT of troubles relating to contacts, pictures, etc...

I discovered that it was because when I initialized the phone, I entered in my Yahoo, Google, and other email addresses, and the phone then linked those contact lists to my phone.

This caused me to have multiple contacts lists and images.

I unlinked all of those emails, and then I went to Google and turned off their Contacts List altogether. It is a horrible mess and interferes with your life. I hate invasion of Privacy.

Now, I only have the one large contact pix displayed on an incoming call and during the call duration.

The only place I see those little thumbnail views is in Favorites, or in the floating call display when that is enabled.

Upvote 0
Back in the old days on my Droid I just logged into GMail from a pc and updated and maintained my contacts from there.

You can remove and add whatever contacts you need.

Then it used to sync properly into my contacts list on my phone.

I don't know if that's still the case, but something to look at if you have duplicate contacts.

Make sure that you uncheck the sync option for each of the applications prior to trying to change them.

Upvote 0
I unlinked all of those emails, and then I went to Google and turned off their Contacts List altogether. It is a horrible mess and interferes with your life. I hate invasion of Privacy.

HOW DO I DO THIS Please.

When I first got my phone on release day, I had a LOT of troubles relating to contacts, pictures, etc...

I discovered that it was because when I initialized the phone, I entered in my Yahoo, Google, and other email addresses, and the phone then linked those contact lists to my phone.

This caused me to have multiple contacts lists and images.

Now, I only have the one large contact pix displayed on an incoming call and during the call duration.

The only place I see those little thumbnail views is in Favorites, or in the floating call display when that is enabled.

Upvote 0

HOW DO I DO THIS Please.

What exactly do you want to do? Are you trying to unlink your online accounts and not have google/yahoo/microsoft/etc maintain your contact list online? If so, just go to settings/accounts and tap on each account and remove it (by clicking the 3 dot menu and remove account from there).
Note that if you do this, you will need to maintain your contact list and back it up regularly yourself.

Upvote 0
I get the same thing when someone calls but don't mind it as I do want their photo to show. On my old LG Phone I would just get one big clear photo. The contact photos transferred stuff over from my old phone on another carrier so I was thinking that was why. Going to take the photo out and add a new for the person and see if that fixes it next time they call. Mary

Upvote 0
My answer has already been stated above.

I went into accounts and deleted all of them.

Then I went to Google+ and deleted the whole entire Contacts List there.
Then I made darn sure that it will not attempt to sync with my phone.

Then I logged back into Google+ on the phone so that Play Store would work.

Problem solved.

As said above.

This means that you have to make sure that your phone's contact list is backed up somewhere, somehow.

For me, that was easy as I have always used VZW Backup Manager.
I just logged into Verizon's "the cloud" and forced it to sync up my phone's contact list.

Took a few minutes, but it did the job. Got rid of the dupes as I told it to restore from the Cloud, and over write the phone's info.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones