• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Q] Which phone to buy?

AxisDB

Lurker
Sep 10, 2013
Trashed my WFS so lookng for a new cheap phone.
Google is out of reach for my country so Nexus 4's is unavailable.

I was thinking about some Chinese brands.
These look interesting... cost about 160 USD on ebay.
Has anyone had any experience with them to help me decide which one to buy or perhaps can recommend a better one for the same price range.

ZTE V967S, ThL W100 or Haipai S3 I9389 2Gb RAM DDR3 .....

@kate

Thanks kate, you'r probably right about that ... but my contract with the local telecom company expires by the end of the year so renewing it lets me choose a shiny new phone (thinking S4).

Even though I know that support is practically non existent and probably updates will never be made for them ... still I need something to kill three months and when I'm at it why not something I never bought before .... something to experiment on ... muhahaahha :D

That's why I need recommendations for the most stable and widely know one. I've seen a ton ZTE phones supported by development forums and cyanogenmods etc...

@DragonSlayer95

Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones