• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Q1-2010 Verizon Android phones

Regarding FCC. I just refreshed the FCC releases for today and an LG phone popped up. LG gave their CES press conference this morning so maybe this is a trend. In other words, don't expect to see the phone hit the FCC prior to the company announcing it at CES, they don't want to be upstaged by a technical document. Big question is when is HTC's press conference at CES.

I guess, but Google kinda let the cat out of the bag yesterday with revealing the Nexus One coming to Verizon. What would an FCC approval upstage? It would just let us know the hardware is ready. Right now, it's not.

Upvote 0
Ah, I kinda don't care about the N1 so much. I was referring to a different device being released by HTC for VZW.

It doesn't matter to me. Snapdragon, 3.7" display - the Passion meets my needs and the Incredible, if it's a different phone, sounds like it may have similar specs. First come, first serve. Right now, the N1 is confirmed to be coming which is more than we can say for any other possible HTC offering. I actually like the 2.1 native UI so I'm not so worried about not having Sense. Just bring me SOMETHING SOON. I'm dying here with my razr.

Upvote 0
why stop there... keep waiting and we'll see the supersmart google mega phone that can go to work for you :)

lots of changes by spring, another phone will be coming out with more power and better capabilities by then...

i just gave in and got the droid on a 1-year contract instead of 2year, 2-year phones in these conditions with android is too long, it will b ancient with the way android is approaching everything. at least i'll give this phone a good run for a year and in the winter i'll get a new one (which ever that may be, probably not the nexus1 with all the phones coming out topping eachother).

Upvote 0
So, basically, I might as well use my upgrade now to get an Eris or Droid because when said phone comes out I'll have to buy it at full price anyway, right?

I can walk in right now and get a new phone, but if the N1 comes out tomorrow I'd have to buy it at the full price?

Is this what everyone's thinking?

Upvote 0
So, basically, I might as well use my upgrade now to get an Eris or Droid because when said phone comes out I'll have to buy it at full price anyway, right?

I can walk in right now and get a new phone, but if the N1 comes out tomorrow I'd have to buy it at the full price?

Is this what everyone's thinking?

I'm sure it will be subsidized to some degree.

Upvote 0
Yes besides that. I mean that phone isnt coming till the "spring" notice I put in quotations. And At&t is getting 3 android phones. And one is from Motorola with android 2.1 on it. Can Verizon gets some love?

Yeah Spring, probably end of January. The Droid was supposed to come out in "december", came out the first week of November.
How many Android phones did AT&T get in november? Verizon got at the time the best and second best Android phone. The backflip and dell phone are not all that impressive. Verizon will tack on the crap Devour but in a couple of months at the latest will have the top 3 android phones and possibly another from HTC (Eris, Droid, N1 and Incredible).
Verizon has gotten its Android love, AT&T is trying to come down after being lapped.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones