• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Q1-2010 Verizon Android phones

Well, in fairness, January isn't Spring 2010. Hell, February isn't either.

Verizon Wireless to store managers: Wednesday is a big day Boy Genius Report

Just wait two days. Hopefully this event will shed some light. Coinciding with Apple's event, but I think it'll yield information about some other devices too, such as the Nexus One and the Incredible.

I think you're just going to see the end of Iphone exclusivity on AT&T and the Itab with both going to Verizon giving them the best smartphone setup.

Upvote 0
I think you're just going to see the end of Iphone exclusivity on AT&T and the Itab with both going to Verizon giving them the best smartphone setup.

One can always hope for more. So there's tomorrow, and then after that I've got Feb 16th circled on the calendar for HTC's big presser at MWC. At the very least, I think we might get a little more info through the rumor mill by then.

Upvote 0
One can always hope for more. So there's tomorrow, and then after that I've got Feb 16th circled on the calendar for HTC's big presser at MWC. At the very least, I think we might get a little more info through the rumor mill by then.

Could be. MWC may have more about the Incredible and Supersonic as both of those seem to be coming along. I just dont want to have my hopes dashed again by wishing for more then a apple announcement.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Someone mentioned a VZW press conference tomorrow. Is there a source to that info? I haven't seen VZW mention this.

No, there's a Verizon internal quarterly kickoff event for store managers to highlight upcoming devices and services. Maybe you read above where I mentioned in the same post that after tomorrow, the next newsworthy event is the HTC press conference on Feb 16th at MWC?

Upvote 0
Whatever happened to FatedDistress? He seemed to work for Verizon and had an "in" with the HTC rep. According to his profile, he's been AWOL since 1/5. Oh well. I bet he would have been able to give us feedback on today's "kickoff" meeting. For all the "insider" info coming from the Verizon camp in the Fall, it sure has been hush-hush, both on the forums and in the mobile blogs, since early December.

Upvote 0
I expect VZW to stay hush for a while longer as well. It seems to be their thing lately seeing as how the Droid Eris wasn't announced too early prior to the release and the fact that no one really had any tangible evidence that the N1 was coming until Google announced it at their press conference. I feel that something may be coming down the pike, but I don't think we'll get too much leaked prior to it...especially in reference to a date of release.

Upvote 0
I expect VZW to stay hush for a while longer as well. It seems to be their thing lately seeing as how the Droid Eris wasn't announced too early prior to the release and the fact that no one really had any tangible evidence that the N1 was coming until Google announced it at their press conference. I feel that something may be coming down the pike, but I don't think we'll get too much leaked prior to it...especially in reference to a date of release.

True, but the Eris was approved by the FCC about 5 weeks before it was released, even before the Google/Verizon partnership announcement.

Upvote 0
Yeah Spring, probably end of January. The Droid was supposed to come out in "december", came out the first week of November.
How many Android phones did AT&T get in november? Verizon got at the time the best and second best Android phone. The backflip and dell phone are not all that impressive. Verizon will tack on the crap Devour but in a couple of months at the latest will have the top 3 android phones and possibly another from HTC (Eris, Droid, N1 and Incredible).
Verizon has gotten its Android love, AT&T is trying to come down after being lapped.

Well said buddy... My question is, how many of the new phones coming out on T-mobile, AT&T, and others are "officially" announced by the carriers, and not just news reported by sites, blogs and the rumor sites like engadget/boy genius/etc sites?

When you really think about it, maybe not a whole lot?

Upvote 0
Well said buddy... My question is, how many of the new phones coming out on T-mobile, AT&T, and others are "officially" announced by the carriers, and not just news reported by sites, blogs and the rumor sites like engadget/boy genius/etc sites?

When you really think about it, maybe not a whole lot?

Sprint Hero was announced a month before it became available. The HD2 for T-Mobile will be available at the end of the March and it was made official that T-Mobile USA would be getting it back during CES which was the beginning of January. Let's face it. The other carriers (maybe not AT&T as much) are pretty forthcoming about impending releases, even if they don't make official the exact date. I will say that Verizon did already announce the Devour available in March. That was a little unusual for them.

Upvote 0
Sprint Hero was announced a month before it became available. The HD2 for T-Mobile will be available at the end of the March and it was made official that T-Mobile USA would be getting it back during CES which was the beginning of January. Let's face it. The other carriers (maybe not AT&T as much) are pretty forthcoming about impending releases, even if they don't make official the exact date. I will say that Verizon did already announce the Devour available in March. That was a little unusual for them.

You're right, and I can't wait to get my hands on the HD2 to see what it is like.

Ok, so Verizon announces the mDroid, and releases that phone along with the HTC Eris three months ago, now they announce the Devour, which is not my choice for a phone, but someone will like it. Annnnd, the Superbowl is tonight, and MWC right around the corner in about a week or so. This does not even include their other recent offerings like the TP2, Omnia 2, and others that are not Android.

I think they are getting better at pushing phones through the pipe. The problem is that the forums and rumor sites have pushed the "gotta have it folks to a fever pitch with mostly no facts. When that happens, the "I'm leaving Verizon if they don't release another phone in the next 15 minutes" crowd comes out of the woodwork.

I prefer to wait out the announcements from the phone manufacturers, or Carriers...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones