• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Qcell 3850 extended battery?

Link not working ..

"Looking for something?
We're sorry. The Web address you entered is not a functioning page on our site "

Here's the latest link..Oh..I just bought it myself and will post a review on it's performance when
I get it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0071N8BAU/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

Upvote 0
I been using the qcell for about a month now and I reccomend it to everyone I've gotten 36 hours of normal (calls texting very little apps running etc) but I get a solid 15-18 hours of real use (internet games etc) on black plague or broken out. Well worth the 20 bucks...

For some reason I don't see.a difference but the site did say charge till dead the recharge to 100% a few times to reach capacity

Upvote 0
I got this battery a few days back, and i havent done a FORMAL test, however in my regular usage (with 4g on, casual browsing, facebook chat, whatsapp chat, syncing 1 gmail email, and various apps, listening to music, sometimes videos). I would only get a few hours on the stock battery like 3, maybe 4 hours. With this new battery i have not still gotten nowhere near 0%. After a full days use, from 9 am to 11:30 p.m, i still had 40% battery left. And to give an even more recent measure, i unplugged my phone from the charger at 8:30 a.m, and listened ot music on my way in to work, and have had it idle, it is now 12:30 p., and its at 86%. so 14% in 4 hours is pretty good. This battey last about 2 to 3 times longer then stock battery, pretty much the whole day. It is of course much bigger then stock battery. The back cover isn't as gripable as the stock battery cover. But overall it lets me use my phone normally now, where i can actually be out all day and come back home and still have a subsnantial amount of battery left. 36 hours is probably right for this phone, i saw it in another review.

Reactions: julio65873
Upvote 0
I got this battery a few days back, and i havent done a FORMAL test, however in my regular usage (with 4g on, casual browsing, facebook chat, whatsapp chat, syncing 1 gmail email, and various apps, listening to music, sometimes videos). I would only get a few hours on the stock battery like 3, maybe 4 hours. With this new battery i have not still gotten nowhere near 0%. After a full days use, from 9 am to 11:30 p.m, i still had 40% battery left. And to give an even more recent measure, i unplugged my phone from the charger at 8:30 a.m, and listened ot music on my way in to work, and have had it idle, it is now 12:30 p., and its at 86%. so 14% in 4 hours is pretty good. This battey last about 2 to 3 times longer then stock battery, pretty much the whole day. It is of course much bigger then stock battery. The back cover isn't as gripable as the stock battery cover. But overall it lets me use my phone normally now, where i can actually be out all day and come back home and still have a subsnantial amount of battery left. 36 hours is probably right for this phone, i saw it in another review.

Yes my findings with this battery is the same. I'm happy with it and the price wasn't bad . Plus they have good customer service ..I notice they reply to customer concerns who might have gotten a lemon on Amazon .

I drilled tiny holes in the back cover...along the sides and top and bottom to let heat escape with my dremel tool. Battery really doesn't overheat unless I'm doing intense stuff like surfing web for long periods of time or watching a movie.

Drilling several tiny holes really helped.

Holes look like it's a design on back cover instead
of holes because they are so tiny.

Upvote 0
I found that the 3850 QCell battery sucks. I would like to hear from more peeps about this battery because I have different results. I've had it in use with BP and BO ROMS, and found that it works best with the stock ZVA update. I get 8 hours out of my QCell, with some light texting, 30 minutes of Pandora and a few short phone calls. Dead by the time work lets out, and that's only a couple more hours than the stock battery would give me. Did I get a bad battery? Or is there some do's and dont's regarding apps on these phones?

Upvote 0
After several weeks with this battery I now decided it's crap !

At first everything was fine and dandy but no more .

The longer I have it the more it loses battery quicker. Freaking takes
anywhere from 9-11 hrs to fully charge.

I only get about 6-7 hrs sleep during week days so it's never fully charge in the morning. So now I have to find places to charge it thru out the day and I work outside not in an office.

Only positive is my connect phone is awesome compared to the indulge..that's for sure.

Upvote 0
After several weeks with this battery I now decided it's crap !

At first everything was fine and dandy but no more .

The longer I have it the more it loses battery quicker. Freaking takes
anywhere from 9-11 hrs to fully charge.

I only get about 6-7 hrs sleep during week days so it's never fully charge in the morning. So now I have to find places to charge it thru out the day and I work outside not in an office.

Only positive is my connect phone is awesome compared to the indulge..that's for sure.

I now have this battery since aug 12 just over a month now. so far it works great. i put it on charge when i go to bed around 10pm and un plug it at 4 am when i wake up to go to work and it is fully charged every time. at night when i plug it in it says i have around 35% so from 4 am to 10 pm and it still has 35% thats damn good in my opinion. I would recomend trying a different charger maybe that's causing your trouble.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones