• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Qiestion about phones without a removable battery.

hal1

Android Expert
Dec 4, 2009
I've always had android phones with removable batteries, Droid, Incredible, Thunderbolt, S3. At one time or another they have all frozen/locked/wouldn't boot, and the only thing that fixed it was a battery pull. There are some phones I'm considering (not iPhone) that do not have a removable battery. Don't those occasionally freeze, and if so how do you get it started again?

I've always had android phones with removable batteries, Droid, Incredible, Thunderbolt, S3. At one time or another they have all frozen/locked/wouldn't boot, and the only thing that fixed it was a battery pull. There are some phones I'm considering (not iPhone) that do not have a removable battery. Don't those occasionally freeze, and if so how do you get it started again?

Generally these devices have simulated battery yanks by holding the power button for approximately 15-20 seconds.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones