• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Qik force closing?

doesnt work for me either, i got it to go once but when i touched a menu on the screen then it force closed, been force closing on startup since.

downloaded fring too, too bad i can only get the video to work on the test call, when connecting to a friend it says video services not available at this time.

Upvote 0
Some things aren't working properly for me; Qik doesn't allow me to create a new log in or connect to an existing one. I looked for the Qik for Evo app on the marketplace and I didnt see it.

I have 3 laptops at home all connected to my WIFI, and all three laptops have great connections because the router is literally 2 feet from the main rooms we use them in. Sitting in the exact same spot the EVO consistantly shows 1 bar. I've reset my connections twice, and even my iPhone has a great connection.

The default clock keeps going to this round analog display. Instead of the default block clock that I actually like. Does anyone know how to get that back?

Frustrating to say the list, but hey I have 30 days to test it out.

Upvote 0
i had the same problem. i went to manage apps under settings and scrolled down to Qik. select Qik and once your in there it gives you an option to clear cache/data. select that and it will say "this will erase data" select yes. now go back to Qik and it will ask you to sign in or create. just sign in and thats it. i have 2 Evo phones and it worked on both with no probs since. hope this helps. i still cant get the video chat to work even with the new Qik download from the market. anyone else had luck? in the meantime Fring works well for free.

Upvote 0
i had the same problem. i went to manage apps under settings and scrolled down to Qik. select Qik and once your in there it gives you an option to clear cache/data. select that and it will say "this will erase data" select yes. now go back to Qik and it will ask you to sign in or create. just sign in and thats it. i have 2 Evo phones and it worked on both with no probs since. hope this helps. i still cant get the video chat to work even with the new Qik download from the market. anyone else had luck? in the meantime Fring works well for free.

Awesome - Fixed it for me. I only wanted to use qik for the streaming any way - PERFECT I love you!

Edit - Okay - so i can run the program. However the video stream doesn't work at all. Just black.

Upvote 0
Awesome - Fixed it for me. I only wanted to use qik for the streaming any way - PERFECT I love you!

Edit - Okay - so i can run the program. However the video stream doesn't work at all. Just black.

i know this is a stupid question but you are making sure that your fingers arent covering the lens.lol. have you adjusted the settings? go back into the program and push menu. there you can change the camera and other settings. i would change the camera to see if its still black.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones