• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Qik video chat isn't free?

so it offers a premium service you have to pay for with basic service being free. What's wrong with that? If people don't feel it's worth it or have better options elsewhere, they won't use it and that charge just might drop. If many are paying $10/mo more for the Evo already and possibly $30 for the hotspot, I doubt people will pay $5/mo on an ongoing basis for "premium" features. Free core service will most likely be fine for most.
Yeah, except the documentation in the picture states a monthly recurring charge of $4.99 billed via Paypal not a one time payment.:mad:

Upvote 0
so it offers a premium service you have to pay for with basic service being free. What's wrong with that? If people don't feel it's worth it or have better options elsewhere, they won't use it and that charge just might drop.

I agree, I mean why does everyone expect everything to be free?

The video chat is free, but the premium service they will charge a monthly service for. Look at dropbox, I don't see people complaining it costs money for more than 2gb of space. get over it. The Basic video chat is free, thats good enough for me, and hey if i want whatever they have to offer ok.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones