1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root QPST Error (attempting to change PRL)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Dopamin3, Apr 22, 2012.

  1. Dopamin3

    Dopamin3 Lurker
    Thread Starter
    Rank:
    None
    Points:
    5
    Posts:
    9
    Joined:
    Oct 24, 2011

    Oct 24, 2011
    9
    0
    5
    So, I've been following the PRL guides. I got my MSL from stock rom and alogcat, entered echo 1 > /dev/qct_diag_enable in terminal when I was back up on CM7, and found the phone in device manager (Diagnostics Over Android COM5). When I attempt to use QPST Service Programming on the COM5 device I added, it recognizes it but then gives me this error.

    [​IMG]

    anyone know what gives?
     

    Advertisement

  2. rivs

    rivs Newbie
    Rank:
    None
    Points:
    18
    Posts:
    25
    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2010

    Jun 27, 2010
    25
    19
    18

    I had the same error. Are you using Windows 7 x64? If so, the solution for me was to use QPST 2.7 Build 366. The older versions don't work well with Windows 7 x64.
     
    Dopamin3 likes this.
  3. Dopamin3

    Dopamin3 Lurker
    Thread Starter
    Rank:
    None
    Points:
    5
    Posts:
    9
    Joined:
    Oct 24, 2011

    Oct 24, 2011
    9
    0
    5
    Yes I am using that. I will try build 366 thanks.
     
  4. Jaay Dogg

    Jaay Dogg Android Expert
    Rank:
    None
    Points:
    93
    Posts:
    758
    Joined:
    Aug 27, 2011

    Ok first open your device manager & see what port your phone is connecting on, then open the configurator in OPST & select add new port, then add the port your hone is on. Then open OPST programming & select read from phone it will want your MSL code. If your not seeing your phone in the device manager then install triumph drivers & if still nothing reinstall OPST.
     
  5. Dopamin3

    Dopamin3 Lurker
    Thread Starter
    Rank:
    None
    Points:
    5
    Posts:
    9
    Joined:
    Oct 24, 2011

    Oct 24, 2011
    9
    0
    5
    Like I said in my first post I found it on COM5 in device manager and exactly did what you're saying.

    Build 366 fixed the problem :)
     

Share This Page

Loading...