• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Q's about my rig- Backups

for your monitor I would do -Acer S240HLbid I have two of them and I love them.

As far as key boards and mice thats more of personal opinion, for keyboards myself, I like "laptop style" which by that I mean flat keys.. and for mice I like the small ones that most people use for laptops.. but again those are all personal preferences.

For speakers last two time I've gotten them I have gone with logitech, they are pretty good quality and a decent price range. Good luck with your build

Reactions: Mehta23
Upvote 0
Yeah, there's the Acer and this Asus : ASUS VE247H 24 inch LED Widescreen Full HD 1080p Support with HDMI 2ms Response Time Splendid? Video Intelligence Technology
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004T2LMP2/ref=cm_sw_r_an_am_ap_am_gb?ie=UTF8

No idea which to go for.

For the keyboard, I think I'm gonna have to try one or get that Sidewinder X4...

Upvote 0
If your thinking about ocing be careful to high of settings will burn your cpu so unless you know about voltage settings and etc I'd suggest not to do it N if you do make sure you got. Good heat sink to keep the temps down so it doesn't over heat and damage cpu and yes as far as I know you can set it back to stock speeds but I if I were you try not letting a fault to occur cause after u save settings to bios reboot if cpu cant handle new settings ur cpu is now toasted

Upvote 0
Do they still call them Caviars? heh

Loud compared to..? Is this a new drive? What model? I have a 2002FAEX and just ordered another one for wife's PC...love this drive.

The only way to get more than 5.7 is to have an SSD as your Windows boot drive (you'll get 7.9 that way). It isn't a refined benchmark, so don't use it for that. Use ATTO or CrystalDiskMark, HDTach...

My old WD Blues (4x 250GB RAID0) is getting 6.2. Hrmmm...yours may be low or RAID0 helps that much.

Upvote 0
Yes, everything will run in the background. Indexing may even wake HDDs if they're asleep. (If you use your PC daily, I don't recommend cycling HDDs like that.)

There are plenty of clone/drive copy/move-to-SSD programs (free). I used Paragon Drive Copy 11 (free from giveawayoftheday.com).

Mushkin SSDs have great performance and excellent prices; I use them on my clients' builds (and wished I did on my builds).

Reactions: Mehta23
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones