1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Q's bout the lock screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by not2gutta, Jan 8, 2012.

1. not2gutta

not2gutta Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 30, 2011
    So I've been trying to figure out how to get rid of my lock screen...I selected the option to have no screen lock in the settings multiple times though it still prompts the lock screen...I use goexplorer...is that making it still lock(The lock screen is the stock version, not golock or anything)?

Yesterday I switched between sense and golauncher and for both selected no lock screen in the settings, though that still didnt work...lock screen still present.

any idears? Also, is there a way to get pandora planted on the lockscreen...I remember when I was testing the beats with the stock music player, you could change the song and so on from the lock screen...that was nice.

Advertisement

2. hal1

hal1 Android Expert
    None

Dec 4, 2009
    Not sure if this is what you're asking about, you're looking to have the screen never lock?

I use an app called NoLock. The screen will still sleep, but wakes with the touch of the power button or volume rocker. No need to swipe it to un-lock it.

3. pat3332

pat3332 Well-Known Member
    None

May 1, 2011
    Oklahoma City
    Regarding the last part of your question. Open Personalize, Display at the bottom of the screen, then Lock screen shortcuts/Choose lock screen shortcuts. You can assign Pandora to one of the 4 apps shown. I just assigned Jango radio to the phone icon and now the Jango icon is displayed instead of phone and Jango starts up if I drag it into the lock ring. I have Player Pro set in place of mail so I can open it without having to unlock the screen and I seldom use the email on my phone.

Hope that answers your question.

I don't know anything about goexplorer, but I have a password manager on my phone and although it's protected by a master password, I still like having the lock screen as an extra security step. My wife mainly has music and books on hers and doesn't use a password.

4. not2gutta

not2gutta Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 30, 2011

Nice, yeah I'll give that app a shot! Since its an app, does it take much battery?

Pat- I mean the like a widget type thing appeared where you could play,pause,skip songs from the lock screen itself without sliding...pretty cool just wish pandora worked like tht

Tags: