• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Quadrant Advanced - Samsung Galaxy S

Hi guys, the samsung galaxy s is supposed to have the fastest cpu, yet in quadrant, its miles behind the nexus one 2.2, is it purely a froyo thing, does froyo really improve the cpu that much?

screenshot.jpg

Hi guys, the samsung galaxy s is supposed to have the fastest cpu, yet in quadrant, its miles behind the nexus one 2.2, is it purely a froyo thing, does froyo really improve the cpu that much?

View attachment 11637

Froyo is considered to be significantly faster than Eclair. I've never checked my phone's Quadrant score and likely never will. For one, I'd probably go batty trying to up my score, and from all I've read it's really not that great a benchmark for a phone's actual performance. If your phone is running smoothly and apps open quickly and respond well you're doing fine and needn't worry about it.

Upvote 0
Yes, but froyo seems to use more of the cpu capabilites.

See: nexus one compared to nexus one 2.2 for cpu score on my chart, that's such a big improvement!

I hope that froyo comes to uk handsets soon!, still counting on september for uk.

Can froyo be rooted and does the lagfix still improve things?

Also, a note to the developers of this program, I didn't enjoy having to install another market place app, just to get the advanced version, it should be on the regular market.

Upvote 0
Yes, but froyo seems to use more of the cpu capabilites.

See: nexus one compared to nexus one 2.2 for cpu score on my chart, that's such a big improvement!

I hope that froyo comes to uk handsets soon!, still counting on september for uk.

Can froyo be rooted and does the lagfix still improve things?

Also, a note to the developers of this program, I didn't enjoy having to install another market place app, just to get the advanced version, it should be on the regular market.

Uh...yeah...Froyo makes better use of available resources and is therefore faster. That's one reason why it's so highly anticipated.

Here in the U.S. we have no idea when we might get Froyo. At first it was supposed to be September, then October...now no one really knows.

Froyo has already been rooted. When the update comes around for your phone that particular build of Froyo will likely be rooted by the time you know there's an update.

Oh yeah...forgot to mention...quite possibly there will be no need for a lag fix with Froyo. And if one is deemed necessary, someone will come up with it in short order.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones