• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Quadrant and Linpack Scores

andygu3

Android Expert
May 24, 2010
Lewis Center, OH
Just curious on what everyones scores are. I don't want to turn the scores into a pissing contest but having flashed roms since July, the froyo/2.2 roms always have higher scores.

Also, just fyi, I really only use the scores just to confirm what I already know when a rom becomes laggy. I run the benchmarks for that reason;)

Quadrant and Linpack can be found in the android market.

Right now, I'm running aosp 0.9.7
Stock kernel
Quadrant 475-490
Linpack 5.4-5.5

Just curious on what everyones scores are. I don't want to turn the scores into a pissing contest but having flashed roms since July, the froyo/2.2 roms always have higher scores.

Also, just fyi, I really only use the scores just to confirm what I already know when a rom becomes laggy. I run the benchmarks for that reason;)

Quadrant and Linpack can be found in the android market.

Right now, I'm running aosp 0.9.7
Stock kernel
Quadrant 475-490
Linpack 5.4-5.5

Aosp.9.7 - 485 - 503 - Stock Kernel WOOT

Upvote 0
Guys, LOL you are being geeks and scaring the potential rooters away, you may want to explain the OC and the line-mark benchmark so the rookies understand and tell then how and where they can see those benchmarks, in my case although I know my benchmarks all I care about is the performance of my phone and if it lags then I know there is an issue. ;)

This is one of many apps you can use to check so, Benchmark ~ Android Application v1.03 By softweg | Tools
, http://www.appbrain.com/app/quadrant-standard-edition/com.aurorasoftworks.quadrant.ui.standard

aosp 0.9.7 oc'ed to 787, Linpack 5.6

Upvote 0
Guys, LOL you are being geeks and scaring the potential rooters away, you may want to explain the OC and the line-mark benchmark so the rookies understand and tell then how and where they can see those benchmarks, in my case although I know my benchmarks all I care about is the performance of my phone and if it lags then I know there is an issue. ;)

This is one of many apps you can use to check so, Benchmark ~ Android Application v1.03 By softweg | Tools
, Quadrant Standard Edition - Android app on AppBrain

Some like to know the benchmarks of certain roms:)

Upvote 0
Whoa! So there is a Sense UI with Android 2.2 ROM available for the Sprint HTC Hero now? :eek:

Would you be able to provide a link to it? Also, how do you like it so far? Sorry to hijack the thread. Thanks, in advance, for you help! :D

[ROM-DEV] HTC Sense Android 2.2.1 V8.1 Deodexed, Flash 10.1, WiFi: Updated 11/12 - xda-developers

Other than the obvious things that don't work(zen lays out what does and what does not), it's nice. Speedy and smooth (for sense), I do not have any trouble with texts, phone calls, gmail, market... Only big thing I see is, little space with internal memory, but easily resolved with apps 2 sd

Upvote 0
[ROM-DEV] HTC Sense Android 2.2.1 V8.1 Deodexed, Flash 10.1, WiFi: Updated 11/12 - xda-developers

Other than the obvious things that don't work(zen lays out what does and what does not), it's nice. Speedy and smooth (for sense), I do not have any trouble with texts, phone calls, gmail, market... Only big thing I see is, little space with internal memory, but easily resolved with apps 2 sd

Is it using the native Android 2.2 apps2sd, not the partitioning we needed to do in Android 2.1 and lower? Does it add the newer things found in Sense UI, like the FriendStream and whatnot? How is the Flash 10.1 performance? How much internal space does it start out with when flashed?

Ugh, I am hijacking the thread further. Sorry about that.

Upvote 0
LOL

thread-hijack.jpg

Is it using the native Android 2.2 apps2sd, not the partitioning we needed to do in Android 2.1 and lower? Does it add the newer things found in Sense UI, like the FriendStream and whatnot? How is the Flash 10.1 performance? How much internal space does it start out with when flashed?

Upvote 0

No worries, JB will come after you though, lol:D:D:D

Native apps 2 sd
Friendstream is there
Did not try flash 10.1 yet (recommend a site and I will look)
About 60-70mb

Upvote 0

Native apps 2 sd
Friendstream is there
About 60-70mb

Hmm, I will gave to give this one a try too then. As for a Flash site, uh, try Kongregate?

Wow, it uses up a lot of internal memory, but you are right about it not being an issue with Apps2SD. Thanks for the information.

Reactions: andygu3
Upvote 0

Native apps 2 sd
Friendstream is there
About 60-70mb

By the way, andygu3, how is the full Flash 10.1 experience on the Sprint HTC Hero? How did Kongregate work out?

This is the first ROM build that I heard of that even had Flash 10.1 available for the Sprint HTC Hero, so I am really interested in the performance or lack thereof. Thanks.

Upvote 0
By the way, andygu3, how is the full Flash 10.1 experience on the Sprint HTC Hero? How did Kongregate work out?

This is the first ROM build that I heard of that even had Flash 10.1 available for the Sprint HTC Hero, so I am really interested in the performance or lack thereof. Thanks.

Well, the newer 8.5 says it's only 10.1 lite, so NO full flash 10.1, lol;) We really already knew this as the Hero's hardware will not support full flash 10.1

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones