1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Quadrant vs. Linpack (Dinc vs. Fascinate)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kenyu73, Sep 27, 2010.

1. kenyu73

kenyu73 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2009
    Computer Engineer
    Upstate, NY
    OK, I got a BOGO for the Fascinate with my Wife. I'm currently using the Fascinate now and I'm not overly impressed.

I posted the original question on the Fascinate board, but I'd like more exposure to the Incredible members.

I like the looks and size of the Fascinate, but I'm not liking the slug feeling. Sill on the fence for the Samsung OS style. Some is good, some is in alot of need. It's behind HTC Sense for sure though.

http://androidforums.com/samsung-fascinate/186894-quadrant-vs-linpack-scores.html#post1662142

Advertisement

2. DarbagDarbag

DarbagDarbag Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    The Burgh & Fort Worth
    incredible isn't it

3. fliptwister

fliptwister Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2010
    Synthetic benchmarks do not always prove a phone performs better. I have used a Fascinate with the lag fix and it still feels pretty sluggish to me. The video and gaming is better with Fascinate but with everyday stuff the dinc wins. I prefer the size of the dinc as well. I will stick with my dinc.

jayjay1122 likes this.
  4. jayjay1122

jayjay1122 Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Network Engineering and Data Communications
    I'll be where I'm at!
    I think we are all putting entirely too much emphasis on these "scores". I've said it before and I will say it again, "user experience" is key!

If you are happy with the performance of a device (any device), the numbers don't mean a whole lot!