• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Quake 2 on Android

I just tested this on my new Asus Transformer T300 and it runs great. Also have a Phonejoy Bluetooth controller and have that almost working. I have found a strange bug in that the binds for look up and down do not function. I tested it out on my original Quake 2 and they work fine.

Is there any chance we could get this fixed? I would appreciate it a lot.

John

Upvote 0
Nice!
I have done and released a port of Quake II in the past, but it was from the PC version to a BREW device that ran C++.
Performance was a huge issue, we struggled to get the fps stable and higher than 20-25 for most of the time. I remember that memory was a nightmare also, fragmentation and level loading caused many crashes, although I believe Java's GC must handle that for you in your case ^^

I'm going to download your version and give it a look!
Thumbs up!

Upvote 0
I have released a good version of Quake 1 just now:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.beloko.quaketouch

If people like it I will do Quake 2 properly as well!

Cheers,
Emile.

Good job. Keep up the good work.

May i suggest that you do AQ2 client for android. It now has all the files legally available without the need to have Quake2 original files in it.

This should be no problem when you have Quake2 running it should run with same configurations.

AQ2 and Quake 2 multiplayer does have Java client also. Maybe it can be converted even more easily with proper Java software bundled within?

AQ2World.com

Upvote 0
Good job. Keep up the good work.

May i suggest that you do AQ2 client for android. It now has all the files legally available without the need to have Quake2 original files in it.

This should be no problem when you have Quake2 running it should run with same configurations.

AQ2 and Quake 2 multiplayer does have Java client also. Maybe it can be converted even more easily with proper Java software bundled within?

AQ2World.com

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones