1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Accessories Quality 1800mah battery from ebay (might be worth it)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gordon1hd1, Nov 1, 2010.

1. gordon1hd1

gordon1hd1 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Hi guys I recently took the plunge and got a "1800mah" + battery charger battery from Ebay. I was prepared for the worst in case, ie getting a cheap Chinese re-branded 900mah battery. But was presently surprised.

I got the battery here:
    HTC EVO 4G BATTERY 1800+Dock USB CHGR DROID INCREDIBLE - eBay (item 220674019393 end time Nov-23-10 15:11:41 PST)

I gamble on the seller(chichitec), since he/she have a 99.7% positive rating with many active listings. So if I did get ripped off, i can threaten the seller with bad reviews to have him refund me the cost + shipping.

I got the battery 2 week ago, and been doing some testing with the battery.

Here is my stock battery usage:
    -My daily usage: 12-13 hour cell standby, with barely 3 hour active use (mostly playing psx4droid after work) will cause a auto shut off on my stock battery
    -I got the phone back in June 5, 2010 and have been a heavy user. I charge the phone every night, but atleast 2-3 time a week i would use the phone till it power off on it's own (mostly playing games).
    -Going off xda forum's battery testing, the stock evo battery usually have a capacity around 1435mah new, and capacity decrease about 1.5% per month due to usage.
    - So 1435 * 5 month usage ~= 1320 mah for my stock battery current capacity.

Here is my extended battery usage comparison:
    -Past 2 week daily usage: 12-13 hour cell standby (for my phone usually 10hour stand by is same as 1 hour active use), with slightly beyond 4 hour active use (range from 4hour to 4h 15 minutes).
    -Going off above math the new battery have about 18% to 20% capacity above my current stock battery.
    -1320 * 1.18 (conservative estimate) = 1557mah.
    -So far for the last 2 week, the battery capacity has been pretty consistent. I didn't notice any noticeable decrease capacity in the 2 week usage.
    -The extend battery charges in the phone without any problem (no excess heat, won't refuse to charge, etc)

About the external charge:
    -Charge the "extended" battery in 5 hour.
    -Also charge the stock Evo battery to full in 3 hour.

So for $29.99 + $5 shipping (I offered $25 + shipping and was accepted by the seller). I got a battery that seem to have close to 1550mah (most likely 1500mah) battery capacity. While it is not as high as 1800mah that I had hope, for the price I think it is a pretty good deal.

So I want to let other Evo owner know about my experience. If you want a quality backup battery, or want slightly more juice then your current stock battery (especially if you had the phone for a while now like me). You might want to check into this. :)

PS. I know about the 3500mah battery, but I think the EVO is already thick enough, i can't imagine currying something thicker. :cool:

Advertisement

2. tracerit

tracerit Well-Known Member

May 7, 2010
    Orange County, CA
    i thought this was going to be a $10 battery but i'm surprised to see it's $35 -_-

3. eluno

eluno Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2010
    i got me some of these batteries and you will not be dissapointed they will last a bit longer than stock htc batt. you will see better batt times.:)

4. msvnlu

msvnlu Active Member

Aug 25, 2010
    I ordered form this same exact seller, and I have to say I am very impressed. Last longer than my stock, depending on my useage, I can get up to 29 hours with light useage. And I notice this person is jacking up the price because a few weeks ago I got 2 batteries and one charger, made a offer for only $26! And I use battery left PRO, and it does tell me that these battery have higher cap.

5. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Male
    Entertainment Industry
    West LA, CA
    Funny because I bought this battery and didn't notice any drastic difference in battery life at all...LOL.

Tags: