1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Quality qwerty-slider phone, with cheapest phone plan?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by JeffTadashi, Nov 14, 2011.

1. JeffTadashi

JeffTadashi Newbie
    None

Dec 3, 2009
    Hey all, my Verizon contract with my orginial Droid is about to expire, and the phone plan I'm on is about to break up (since my family is deciding to get different plans), so right now I'm open to jump onto a new phone carrier. I'm even using Google Voice as my primary phone, so I don't need to transfer over my old cell phone number or anything.

I am a musician, and I use my smartphone mostly for writing lyrics and ideas on the go, which is the primary reason I need a QWERTY keyboard. It lets me write notes without taking up space on my screen. I use very few minutes and data on my phone, so I'm looking at minimum contract prices and minimum phone costs. I don't even need text messaging, I can just do that through Google Voice.

Right now I'm looking at T-Mobile's MyTouch 4G slide, which I can somehow get on BestBuy Mobile for free (even though its $200 at T-Mobile's site)...I don't quite get how that works, is there some sort of catch? Also, am I going to miss out on some major features by skipping the main Droid line? Are there any other annoyances/fees I should be concerned by switching providers?

As far as cheapest plans, I did some calculating, Verizon is $60 a month, T-Mobile is $60 or $45 a month (if you buy your own unlocked phone), AT&T is $55 a month. But so far, T-Mobile's $60 plan seems cheapest with the completely free good smartphone.

Advertisement

2. danaj

danaj Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 20, 2010
    Female
    Tucson, Az
    I have the MYtouch 4g slide, and it is an awesome phone. It is high end, and you won't be missing any features. Out of all my friends, I have the nicest phone. A dual core 1.2 ghz processor makes it super fast, and the camera is out of this world...go for it...