1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Queries on updating to IK5 from II3...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by abesh, Jan 23, 2010.

1. abesh

abesh Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2010
    India
    Hello Guys,
    Well I bought my Galaxy here in India yesterday, and you all and this forum has been a major source of info to make up my mind :) Thanks to you :)

Well I've bee browsing this forum trying to understand all that I need to know for the past two days before I could muster the courage to ask a couple of questions.

1) My Galaxy is on Firmware II3, is it worth upgrading to IK5 ?
    2) When I upgrade, does everything, contact, apps etc, get wiped of from the device or do they remain as they are ?
    3) Is there a way I can take a complete backup of my contacts, apps etc and restore them after a firmware update ?

My phone has not been rooted yet and I plan to use ODIN for updating the firmware.

Advertisement

2. ryko

ryko Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2009
    Cabernetmaker
    France:
    Hi ,
    1; Yes
    2;Yes they get wiped
    3; Yes you can, contacts can be syncronized with a google account and there for saved, and for apps you could use an app called aTrackDog to save them with I believe there are some paid apps which will save all data on the phone as well,I am sure other members will be able to advise you on those. I would just like to say that I think you should get to use your phone a bit more,until you are comfortable with android as flashing your phone is relativly easy but not without a risk. You don't have to root to flash with odin so make sure you understand the instructions before flashing :) Hope this helps you

3. abesh

abesh Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2010
    India
    Thanks so much ryko, I did exactly what you told :) However I flashed to IK4 :) Phone feeling a lot snappier now :)

4. ryko

ryko Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2009
    Cabernetmaker
    France: