• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Query about sync

Hi guys.. I am planning to buy a new android phone with capacitive touch... was just wondering if I have to transfer all my contacts from my optimus to it or will they be automatically be synched there once i sign in with my google id on the new one because I believe all my contacts are already in sync between my phone and my google account??

Hi guys.. I am planning to buy a new android phone with capacitive touch... was just wondering if I have to transfer all my contacts from my optimus to it or will they be automatically be synched there once i sign in with my google id on the new one because I believe all my contacts are already in sync between my phone and my google account??

If they are already synced to your google account they should transfer over, if they dont then check your google account just to make sure they havent disapeared from there (you can restore them if you need to), also if you save your contacts to your sim card (if your gonna use the same one in your new phone) just put your sim card in and they will be there.

Reactions: ankitnice
Upvote 0
yeah dude...but saving 650 contacts on a single sim card is not a very good option for someone like me..... but yes since i can already see all my phone contacts on gmail, i assume they should automatically transfer over to my new phone.....

I dont see why they shouldnt if there in your gmail, just make sure the new phone is set to sync contacts and it should be fine.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones