1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

QUERY

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by gerlcathy, Jan 28, 2014.

1. gerlcathy

gerlcathy Guest
    None
    ive just bought a second hand htc legend but the battery has totally refused to charge. when i plug it in it shows that its charging but when i plug it out it shows zero charge and this was done in a full night what could be the problem?
    Charged for a full night but immediately i plugged out it showed 5% what could be the problem?

Advertisement

2. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    It could be that the battery is completely knackered. It's old, and the battery may have been abused by the previous owner (e.g. running it right down regularly, overheating it). So the first thing I'd try is to buy another battery and see whether that fixes it.

3. SiempreTuna

SiempreTuna Android Expert

Jan 11, 2013
    Could be a number of things.

Most likely is a problem with the charger or more specifically, the USB connector on the charger. Try a different charger or if your charger has a detachable USB cable, a different cable.

Alternatively, it could be the battery has died. They do have a finite life. Try a new battery.

Finally - and least likely - it could be the USB connector on the phone. If it is that, then I'm afraid it's a send-away-for-repair job. If you're still within warranty, it should be covered.