1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

ques about CM7 r2 Hboot

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ashik666, Sep 19, 2011.

1. ashik666

ashik666 Lurker

i have updated my hboot to cm7 r2. but my internal memory was still showing 136mb left.i was supposed to get 287mb.then i moved my delvick cache to sd ext.it gave me like 80 mb of more storage and now i have like 220mb of internal memory. where is the rest of my internal memory? i did a flash a new rom after upgrading my hboot

Advertisement

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Well if you've restored your apps and data you can't expect the internal storage to be empty. You've moved you dalvik cache, so I assume you have also moved your apks, but that still leaves app data (including your phone book, messages, etc) app caches, and app libraries (for those apps that have one) in internal. You are using about 47MB, and had enough apps to have an 80MB dalvik cache, which sounds reasonable to me.

If you want to know what's using the space, use a terminal, or a sufficiently capable file browser such as Root Explorer or ES File Explorer, and just have a look at the /data partition on your phone and see what is in there.

3. ashik666

ashik666 Lurker

i actually wiped all my data before flashing the rom.and i didnt restore any data after that. so what could be the problem here that taking up the space?

4. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

The Rom always used a bit of /data too

Tags: