• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Quest for the tightest thinnest EVO Case

oh man, very awesome news (at least for me). it looks like justin is about to get the epik case for the evo in stock real soon:
www.Degasis.net - Authorized Dealer of Epik Case Products for Smartphones - Blackberry Iphone Etc.
these are my absolute favorite cases and at unbelievable prices. i can't wait.
i'll definitely get these cases and post pictures as soon as i get them.
i might get one case-mate too and do a comparison (like which case is easier to press the power button). i'll keep you guys updated.

Upvote 0
I never bother with bing on the small stuff. Is nice to see it back. Funny thing, the one I ordered from Monster on ebay just shipped today. The red one I ordered days later, and I got it last week, and it was cheaper. What a lame seller.
ordered a red one just like dbpaddler. $4.55 shipped. didn't even bother with bing cash back...

Upvote 0
I just got my red one today and I'm really impressed. It really does look great and the finish on it is way better than what I was expecting. It raises the lens off the table by just millimeter so you still have to be a little careful about placing it. I'm very happy. I just wish that the inner surface were covered by felt so that dust wouldnt get in and scratch. Still love it though.

Upvote 0
Hey Guys. I thought I would post some pics. The case really is super thin and doesnt add any bulk. My pictures really don't show the great sheen that you get when light hits it. And like dbpaddler said, the lens is now raised about a millimeter off the table so it doesn't rest on it anymore. I wish there was padding on the inside to make sure that it wont scratch the phone, but otherwise, it looks great!

Attachments

• 4713748506_053c20e45f_b_d.jpg
    4713748506_053c20e45f_b_d.jpg
    317.7 KB · Views: 417
  • 4713110579_edda58d5dd_b_d.jpg
    4713110579_edda58d5dd_b_d.jpg
    303.1 KB · Views: 379
  • 4713749982_3f84c41d25_b_d.jpg
    4713749982_3f84c41d25_b_d.jpg
    298.4 KB · Views: 333
  • 4713750682_f26ce88838_b_d.jpg
    4713750682_f26ce88838_b_d.jpg
    293.9 KB · Views: 305
Upvote 0
Hey Guys. I thought I would post some pics. The case really is super thin and doesnt add any bulk. My pictures really don't show the great sheen that you get when light hits it. And like dbpaddler said, the lens is now raised about a millimeter off the table so it doesn't rest on it anymore. I wish there was padding on the inside to make sure that it wont scratch the phone, but otherwise, it looks great!

What case is that? And does it come in black?

Upvote 0
so, for whatever reason, both the cases i ordered from ebay came today, even though one of them was confirmed to have been delivered yesterday. not sure what happened with that. all i can say is USPS sucks.

video review should be up in about 3hrs. i love the thin case, though. it's the best i've put on my phone so far. very very nice fit. and def the lightest and thinnest Evo case.

can you tell i'm left handed? and sorry for not getting the second case in full view enough during the second half. only my second video and i did a million takes probably.

YouTube - eBay Silicone and Thin Hard case Review

silicone case - BLACK Silicone Skin Rubber Case For HTC Sprint Evo 4G - eBay (item 290443656107 end time Jul-09-10 14:03:47 PDT)

and for the hard case search for "BLACK Rubberized Hard Case HTC EVO 4G". mine was about $8 with shipping

Upvote 0
Bought the non seidio Platinum series case and it fits the phone secure and tight. I like it a lot and keeps the phone sleek and slim. I also like that their is a lip over the front of the entire phone protecting the phone from dust.
Too bad they fit so tight that when dust and debris does get in between the phone and the case that when you take it on and off it literally will scratch the sides of your phone up pretty badly. My Evo looks a few months old now because of the case rubbing the clear coat off and scratching it. I would avoid getting any case that you have to slide from one end and the other to put on. Get something that snaps together from front to back.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones