1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Question about 32 GB micro SD card

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DillonM, Nov 29, 2013.

1. DillonM

DillonM Lurker

Salesman at Radioshack somehow talked my mom into getting this phone. I hate it but I gotta live with it.

I'm planning on getting a new one just as soon as I get myself a job. But in the meantime I need this one to perform.

The phone came with the 2 GB card and I already had the 32 GB card from my Verizon phone. So I reformatted that before taking it out and switching. I plug it into the Venture and it reads it fine. But most apps I download doesn't give me the option to move it to the card. Some do. I have very few apps as a result because my phone is now almost out of internal storage. I have about 10 apps on the internal and 3 on the SD card. When I click on the apps from the "Manage apps" screen the "move to SD card" slot is greyed out.

Any reason as to why? Do I actually have to go to Virgin and buy a new SD card? I thought they were basically universal.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. SiempreTuna

SiempreTuna Android Expert

The problem is more likely that fewer and fewer apps support App2SD as it has been removed later versions of Android :(

I believe there are some workarounds for this, but you would need to root the phone - and that might affect your warranty. For more information, see the Rooting section of the sub-forum for you phone.