1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Question about backing up

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tillsb, Feb 5, 2011.

1. tillsb

tillsb Lurker

I was following this guide at this site.

[Complete Guide] How To Flash A Custom ROM To Your Android Phone With ROM Manager + Full Backup & Restore | Android News, Reviews, Apps, Games, Phones, Tablets, Tips, Mods, Videos, Tutorials - Android Police

Now everything was fine until I hit the backing up part. When I try to do that the phone restarts but it never back up. So ok I say lemme try to back up manually. So I clicked the Reboot into Recovery and it does the same thing. Phone restarts but doesn't open into recovery.

Just need some pointers. I'm really curious to get into some custom Roms but not going to mess with that until I can get a backup.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. xliderider

xliderider Android Expert

You need to install Bootstrapper as well. That's a generic guide, so it doesn't mention that Bootstrapper is required for the Droid 2 and Droid X.

tillsb likes this.
  3. darkcyber

darkcyber Android Expert

4. xliderider

xliderider Android Expert

5. colchiro

colchiro Extreme Android User

+1 ^^^^^

It's possible you might be able to just tap the flash in RM to install it:

[​IMG]

Then open recovery and tap the top button. You should see it granted supervisor permissions, followed by "success!".

Then continue with RM.

tillsb likes this.
  6. tillsb

tillsb Lurker

OK awesome, thanks guys I really appreciate it.

This is the first time I've ever tried to do anything like this on a phone so was glad to find that guide. Wish he had included the instruction for the Bootstrap app because it is now making a backup.

7. colchiro

colchiro Extreme Android User

Make sure you don't use spaces in your backup file names. If it helps any, this is what my backups look like:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

You should also install Titanium Backup and do all apps-all data backup. You don't want to load a custom rom and have no contacts, missing favorite apps no longer in market (I have several) or be missing data or high scores in your games or apps.

tillsb likes this.
  8. tillsb

tillsb Lurker

Thanks I'll do that also

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews