1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Question about backups and data.....

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Raekwon, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Raekwon

Raekwon Well-Known Member

I have read on these forums before taht it is ok to include your app data in with your backups in order to save your status and progress on games and other apps. However, when I try and do this every app I backup with its data included will not run on the new rom I flashed. I tried to go from mik2.61 to 3.0 last night only to find that all my apps are force closing on me. I can only assume it is because I restored the apk as well as the data for the app. This is a huge bummer because I play a few games that I am not willing to lose my progress on everytime I try a new rom. It appears I will be sticking with 2.61 permanently...

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

are you using titanium backup? also what did you wipe when you flashed mikg?

3. Raekwon

I am using mybackup root. I thought TB tried to backup way too many little things that would inevitably screw up my restore. I had no success with it. I wipe the cache, dalvik, data and run superwipe a couple times. I wiped mikg2.61 and flashed 3.0.

4. ocnbrze

not to familiar with mybackup pro. i never had any issues with tb. but i believe that my backup should be able to restore app data as well.

5. Raekwon

It says it can and when I backup I select apk's + data. (you can backup the apk w/o the data as well) But when I restore on the new rom all the apps with data just force close. Real bummer. Maybe ill try TB again. I just remember it wanting to backup what looked to me like over 100 little things and all I have is like 30 apps or so. It was trying to backup shit ive never seen before. I don't need that sort of fine tooth comb backup crazyness. Just my apps and app data, contacts, and maybe sms and mms. That is all.

6. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Nandroid back and back up everything you want with TB.

7. ocnbrze

When you do a batch backup only select to backup all user appswith data. Also make sure that you are not backing up anything in red.those are system apps.

8. Raekwon

The options I see are Backup all user apps, Backup all system data and backup all user apps + system data. I thought the system data is what I did NOT want to backup? am I looking in the wrong place?

9. ocnbrze

you are correct. just do the backup all user apps. and not system data

10. Raekwon

So backing up all my user apps includes the app data with TB? When I restore I don't want all my games and such to have all the progress reset. :)

11. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

Yes all data is there you can choose to restore:
    App + Data
    App Only
    Data Only
    with TB.

I from time to time have a few fc's when i restore apps and Data so what I will generally do in that situation is remove the programs I am having trouble with first. I reboot remove cache and dalvic then I boot the rom back up and check things out if things are good then I will reinstall the apps with no data then reboot after entering the ROM again I will then start trying to reinstall data only. Its a tedious way but I restore data and check out the program if i get the fc's again I just undelete the app and reboot clean cach and dalvic and then move on to the next app. I continue the process until a) I get all my programs and data back or b) I get all my programs and most data back.

12. ocnbrze

yes it will backup data. when you go to do a restore it will ask you if you want to restore apps+data, app, or data only.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews