1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Question about backups

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bg4m3r, Jan 24, 2016.

1. bg4m3r

bg4m3r Android Expert

When you make a backup with TWRP, it covers system, data and boot. So, since our internal storage is emulated within system space, does it actually get backed up too?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. SykkNyzz

SykkNyzz Android Enthusiast

Never had that work out for me.

3. andMego

andMego Android Enthusiast

No

4. bg4m3r

bg4m3r Android Expert

So is there some way to backup internal storage?

5. andMego

Copy paste?

6. bg4m3r

bg4m3r Android Expert

I suppose... :p

7. andMego

How bout just don't format it and manually delete whatever shouldn't be there (android etc)

8. bg4m3r

bg4m3r Android Expert

Because I want to keep what I currently have intact.

Here's my specific situation...I want to test out Curtis's new 4.4.4 ROM, but if I can't get the remote working, I will be going back to what I have now, and don't want to have to go through hours of setting stuff back up. Deleting those folders would still result in loss of app data and possibly breaking some apps. I'm not worried about personal files, I keep all that on external to start with.

I don't get why TWRP doesn't backup internal storage in the first place.

9. HasH_BrowN

HasH_BrowN Android Expert

I flashed a modded stock, PAC rom, Cm11, and the PAC rom one more time. My internal files stayed intact.
    As long as you don't wipe internal in TWRP, everything in there will remain.

andMego likes this.
  10. bg4m3r

bg4m3r Android Expert

Yeah, but not wiping internal can potentially introduce issues with the new ROM.

11. andMego

It doesn't because plenty of people actually keep all their data (pics, vids, etc) on the internal and imagine it backing up all that every time you wanted to do a nandroid (for someone with a 128gb phone which is full it would be a long time). Also whenever you switched ROMs you would take new pictures and if you restore the old nandroid you lose them all. My guess

12. andMego

It probably won't. Officially you only need to wipe data, cache and dalvik for flashing a new ROM since the ROM should automatically wipe system when it's installing. I personally never wipe internal and never have issues.

HasH_BrowN likes this.
  13. SykkNyzz

SykkNyzz Android Enthusiast

Same here... Usually Titanium and copy/pasting specific files will keep it active... Imagine using a phone with no external storage available. OTG stick and PCs saved me back then.

HasH_BrowN likes this.

LG Volt Forum

The LG Volt release date was May 2014. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

May 2014
Release Date
Reviews