1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Question about Better Keyboard

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Joneke, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Joneke

Joneke Member

Dec 7, 2009
    I am very skeptical about using outside programs that did not come program with my Droid.
    When I click to use Better Keyboard, it states that certain things I type , such as passwords can be "recorded."

Has there ever been any reports of Better Keyboard stealing passwords or whatnot? I feel 100% safe with the pre-loaded software, but with programs on the app store I am scared to use anything that I enter person information, such as credit cards.

How safe can this program be?

Advertisement

2. Joneke

Joneke Member

Dec 7, 2009
    *Bump*

Had to, this has been bothering me for a while. I'd wish to customize my Droid.

3. OneStepAhead

OneStepAhead Member

Jun 20, 2010
    TPU-Cases Owner
    Madison, WI
    I started using better keyboard a week ago. last night installed the nimbuzz (IMing app) and added all of my instant messaging accounts (including FB). this morning when i logged into facebook it prompted me to go through a 4 step process because someone had attempted to login to my account from the netherlands at 11:30pm last night. it didn't say if they were successful or not... anyways, i've removed better keyboard, and im considering removing nimbuzz as well.

4. OneStepAhead

OneStepAhead Member

Jun 20, 2010
    TPU-Cases Owner
    Madison, WI
    turns out it was the nimbuzz application. didn't steal my password, its just that their servers are located in the netherlands. My facebook account gets blocked when using Nimbuzz | Facebook

i still removed better keyboard. too risky IMO. its not that much better then the default, or the HTC_Mod keyboard. although that can probably record your keystrokes as well, not sure since it was baked into my ROM i didn't get a warning.