• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

question about buying HERO from best buy...

rjjr2531

Android Enthusiast
Sep 23, 2009
dallas,tx
i was in best buy today and gave my $50 deposit. my question to the guy was, what about the sprint rebate which brings the phone from lets say 500 dollars to $179.99 (actual selling price)...he said if you buy from sprint store u HAVE to do the rebates, but best buy gives it to you for the AFTER price out the door. this applies for new customers and current customers doing a 2 yr contract extension.

this surprised me and i almost couldnt belive him. can anyone support the validity of this?

THANKS.

Ps-going from a curve which i love to the hero. cant wait....lots of great youtube videos

i was in best buy today and gave my $50 deposit. my question to the guy was, what about the sprint rebate which brings the phone from lets say 500 dollars to $179.99 (actual selling price)...he said if you buy from sprint store u HAVE to do the rebates, but best buy gives it to you for the AFTER price out the door. this applies for new customers and current customers doing a 2 yr contract extension.

this surprised me and i almost couldnt belive him. can anyone support the validity of this?

THANKS.

Ps-going from a curve which i love to the hero. cant wait....lots of great youtube videos

That is true. If you meet the requirements, you can walk out the door with the phone for 179.99+taxes and fees.

That's why a lot of people buy Sprint phones from Best Buy - you don't have to deal with mail-in rebates.

I've also pre-ordered the Hero from Best Buy.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones