• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Question about buying phone from Dell and how will VZW handle it...

mjd9ball

Lurker
Nov 9, 2009
I would really like to buy a Droid, and right now Dell has it going for $119. But I am NOT eligible for an upgrade right now with VZW; does anyone know or have an educated guess about whether it will be a problem if I buy it from Dell and then activate it? Verizon is always crying about losing money on hardware, so i would think that if I'm extending my contract anyway they wouldn't mind. But I don't want to get stuck paying the difference for the phone if they get mad or something.

Also - my existing plan doesn't come up as an option when checking out at Dell. I don't want to completely chenge plans since I am on family share (with data/email). Anyone been down this road before?

Thanks in advance for any insight...

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones