• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Question about charging two phones from same source while one is active

Big Boar

Apr 23, 2016
Hello people. So I charge my two phones from same power brick outlet at the same time(with switches). One is innactive(the brand new pocophone) and one is two year old phone that is playing a game. After about 5 minutes I suddenly stop charging the older phone because I thought it might affect the new one. And it kinda bothers me. So just to make sure, if you charge two phones while one is playing game, does it damages the other innactive phone? Err sorry I'm really sensitive about my new phone, and I love that pocophone man.

Unless the charger is very badly designed it shouldn't do any harm. And if the charger is that badly designed it won't make any difference whether you are using the other phone or not.

The way phones work, in my experience, is that the charger charges the battery and the phone runs off the battery (every phone with a removable battery I've owned would not work when connected to the charger unless the battery was also inserted and had some charge). So there is no direct connection between the charger and the running of the phone, and hence there certainly should not be some feedback to the charger from the active phone, and even less should there then be some effect on the other phone.

Now playing high-end games while charging may not be good for that phone's battery: heat is bad for batteries, and if the game is taxing the phone significantly that is adding heat at the same time that the charging (which also produces heat) is happening. But that would be an issue for the active phone, not the inactive one.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones