• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root question about clockwork mod recovery

gregorina

Lurker
Oct 9, 2011
I just started putting roms on my droid3. I installed darkdroid and thought it was kinda buggy, so I downloaded monsterrom to try that. I tried to get into recovery but couldn't do it. I downloaded the clockwork mod recovery again and it said it wasn't installed so once I installed it, I could get into recovery again. Is this supposed to happen? When you flash a rom do you have to flash the recovery again?

I just started putting roms on my droid3. I installed darkdroid and thought it was kinda buggy, so I downloaded monsterrom to try that. I tried to get into recovery but couldn't do it. I downloaded the clockwork mod recovery again and it said it wasn't installed so once I installed it, I could get into recovery again. Is this supposed to happen? When you flash a rom do you have to flash the recovery again?

Yes you have to, its the way the Droid3 recovery works.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones