1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Question About CompanionLink

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Alex Ethridge, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge Android Enthusiast

I have not installed CompanionLink yet, mostly because I am new to Android and am pretty much lost on how it interfaces with my PC. But I do have a question about where CompanionLink puts the phone numbers on the Android device (using Samsung Galaxy Note).

All my contacts, calendar, notes, tasks, etc. are all currently in my Palm Desktop 6.2 program.

When CompanionLink/Deja Office are installed and running correctly, into what application does it put the contacts on the phone? Does it put it into the Android Contacts or does it put that information somewhere else?

2. companionlink

companionlink Well-Known Member

Hi Alex,

The short answer: Contacts will sync and show up in your native Android contacts app.

DejaOffice has its own viewer for contacts. It allows for advanced searching and sorting, categorization, and more fields than the native Android contacts app. DejaOffice also adds itself as a native contact account, so that the DejaOffice contacts will also appear in your native contacts app.

Your contacts will be available for viewing and editing in both DejaOffice and the native contacts app, but we think you'll like using DejaOffice more as a contact manager. It's up to you!