• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Question about completely wiping/formatting an sdhc card

DeadLee

Lurker
Sep 10, 2010
The SD card on my samsung fascinate worked fined until I tried to save a sound from a mms. Then my fascinate starting slowing down... until i removed the sd card. Then the phone ran fine...

The problem I have is that I tried to format the sd card both by phone, and by computer. However the phone would freeze up if I insert the card, and my computer is unable to format the card. I tried going to controlpanel//administrative tools/computer management -> disk management, but it was unable to format the card.

I even tried downloading something called an "sd formatter" however it appears as though my card is "not supported". Does anyone have a solution on how to return it back to normal? It appears as though normal formatting methods are not working.

The card came with the fascinate... 16gb, class 2 if that helps at all...

I've been having various problems with the sd card in both of our fascinates as well. The problem that seems to be happening the most is that the sd card won't mount when connected to the usb port on the computer. I've had to reseat the card in the phone a few times now.

In your case, it sounds like you have a bad card. I would take it back to Verizon and have them replace it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones