1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Question about creating an app

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by speedracer68, Mar 16, 2011.

1. speedracer68

speedracer68 Member
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    Ohio
    I work for a company that publishes a newspaper of free classified ads and my boss has given me the task of finding out about making an app for Android and iOS.

What my boss wants to do is to have an app in which people would pay for the app and then we would be able to push the current edition to them each week so they could browse on their phones.

I've looked at some of the free app makers, but they don't seem to offer us what we want to do. I'm thinking that it would be fairly simple to make, but I don't know anything about programming.

Anyone here know what would be involved in making something like this or where to go to find capable app creators? And what would be a ballpark cost for having something like this done?

Advertisement

2. sitlet

None

Apr 11, 2010
    Honestly, something as complicated as this should be done by an app programmer. It's honestly not something you can just learn in a couple of hours how to do. Most developers have taken classes and even have degrees in programming just to be able to make apps.

3. speedracer68

speedracer68 Member
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    Ohio
    Oh I understand that. There's no way we could do something like this in-house, I imagine there's quite a bit to the back end of making something like that, but I was wondering where someone goes to find app makers and if someone could give me an idea of what that might cost.

4. sitlet

None

Apr 11, 2010
    Hmm, well maybe someone will see this thread on here and find you. otherwise, xda-developers.com is also full of really good dev's. Try making a post on there as well, and seeing if you get any responses.

Another good way, is go to a local college or two, and talk to their computer department. There are always tons of upperclassmen that are willing to put their skills to work.