• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Question about CWM Install FAQ

I have an LG Optimus Elite on Sprint/Ting, and I'm trying to get the Clockworkmod recovery on it, and then to install a thirdparty rom on it. The phone shows its currently on the stock rom build ZVF.GWK74, which appears to meet the requirements
shown on http://androidforums.com/elite-all-things-root/620742-faq-guide-clockworkmod-optimus-elite.html. The phone is rooted, has busybox installed. I am following the "Method #2" on the above guide, and all falls right into place up to the point where you are
instructed in "5. Type dd if=/sdcard/part_13_cwm_9_22_17_32.bin of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p14 and tap the [Enter] key".. Problem with that is this phone does not seem to have a /dev/block/mmcblk0p14.. Doing a "mount" from "adb shell" doesn't show any partition with that identifier.. Unless this partition is hidden from the mount command.. I've done this procedure on my old LG Optimus V a couple of years ago and its
CWM instructions left NO question about the recovery partition..

Just wanna be SURE to avoid bricking the phone...

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones