• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Question about early upgrade *please help*

Early upgrade is a reality. It costs $75 and you get a new 2-year contract from the date of purchase. I know, because that's how I got my Captivate. If you are on a Family Plan, and are not the primary line, they still let you do that. Only AT&T corporate stores will do this for you, as they own the original contact and can tear it up for $75. All the other resellers will tell you that they can't do it, because they don't have the right.

Upvote 0
Early upgrade is a reality. It costs $75 and you get a new 2-year contract from the date of purchase. I know, because that's how I got my Captivate. If you are on a Family Plan, and are not the primary line, they still let you do that. Only AT&T corporate stores will do this for you, as they own the original contact and can tear it up for $75. All the other resellers will tell you that they can't do it, because they don't have the right.

This is correct. You can early upgrade for an extra $75(if contract price is $200 then you would pay $275) as long as you are at least 6 months into your present contract. You will start a new 2 yr contract from the date of purchase and are allowed to use this early upgrade only once a year. Also, there is no ETF involved.

Upvote 0
:(

ah well, guess I'll hold off for 2 weeks (that's when I'm elegable for the upgrade)

In our store, our policy is:

as long as your upgrade is in the same month, we can upgrade you, so if your upgrade is on aug 30th, we will do the upgrade on the first.

i just put it in my calendar to process the upgrade on the 30th.

so if you wanted to come in, just send me a message and ill hold one for you :)

Upvote 0
In our store, our policy is:

as long as your upgrade is in the same month, we can upgrade you, so if your upgrade is on aug 30th, we will do the upgrade on the first.

i just put it in my calendar to process the upgrade on the 30th.

so if you wanted to come in, just send me a message and ill hold one for you :)
but like you say, you're locked in at the 199 price, if I hold the 2 weeks, I can get it for the 99.

But PM me your store's location & I'll check their for my accessories.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones