• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Question about email notifications

DaveG

Apr 20, 2010
So... using the GMail app it seems that you will get ONE 'new email' notification. If you miss that notification, the phone doesn't alert or vibrate AT ALL anymore until you clear the alert?

I received an email and didn't notice the vibrate or alert noise. Then I received a number of other emails but wasn't alerted because I never knew about the first one.

Does this seem right? Too bad, I can't find a setting that alerts me each and every time a new email arrives.

My settings within the GMail app are set to notify me. As I noted, I am only getting ONE notification. So if I miss the alert, I don't get notified again if another email comes in 10 minutes later.

Download the application called "missed reminder" You can customize how many alerts, sounds, time intervals for the notifications. It also lets you set up notifications for missed calls, other e-mail and sms. Hit the "thanks" button if this helps! Tony

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones