• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Question about flashing a new ROM

Haloman800

Aug 8, 2010
Moving from UD 1.0.0 to 2.0.0!

I really don't want to wipe again (I installed 1.0.0 less than a week ago!) But I will if needed.

----

My question is, if I needed to flash and I didn't, it would be really laggy, correct? So, if I flashed and I ended up not needing to, it'd run normally?

Basically, how do I tell if I need to flash or not?

I haven't installed any custom themes or anything like that. Just UD 1.0.0

Actually most (including myself) think its a good practice to wipe every time you flash a new ron. Not doing so may cause things to not only lag but you may have other issues as well such as force closes in apps.

i agree whole heartedly, but after reading through the UD 2.0.0 thread, it is the general consensus that a wipe is not completely necessary going from unthemed 1.0.0 to 2.0.0. that being said, i would still do it, just to be on the safe side. between the Google cloud, Titanium Backup, and LauncherPro Backup, it doesn't take long at all to get everything set back up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones