1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Question about Froyo update (Galaxy S)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by flekz22, Nov 25, 2010.

1. flekz22

flekz22 New Member

Nov 22, 2010
    Hi
    I have recently updated my Galaxy S to Froyo (on Vodafone UK network) and it's great. However, having read various articles about Froyo beforehand i was expecting the homescreen to 'look different'. I had seen pictures of a new homescreen dock, similar to those in ADW and LauncherPro. But nothing has changed looks-wise on my phone and Touchwiz launcher still has the same 4 coloured icons in the same dock.

Am i missing something here?

Thanks

Advertisement

2. CptGemini

CptGemini Well-Known Member

My best guess is that those screenshots you saw were of someone who had a custom destkop app like aHome for example.

3. odbod

odbod Active Member

Jul 14, 2010
    The Galaxy S has Samsung's own TWLauncher as it's default home screen; the changes you've seen are for the standard Android launcher. If you want to see how that looks/feels try 'LauncherPro' from the Market - it's a souped up version of the standard launcher, I for one have used it on my Galaxy for months :):)

scuba50 likes this.
  4. flekz22

flekz22 New Member

Nov 22, 2010
    Thanks for clearing that up!

actually i have been using LP for some time now even before upgrading. I just didnt like the thought i might be missing elements of my upgrade! :)

5. thisismetcalf

thisismetcalf Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    You're saying you updated it to Froyo manually? Or UK service pushed it to your phone?

If they pushed it, I'm exremely jealous!