• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root question about gingerbread?

I've read around some thread here people saying Gingerbread doesn't really do much at all for Incredible.....truth to that?

Some even mentioning that their Copy/Paste was a bit altered for the worse

False. Gingerbread made my incredible EASILY twice as fast. I would not own this phone anymore if i had to go back to stock sense. ALso, copy and paste is actually useable now. Go try CM7. ITs bad ass.

Reactions: Stupifier
Upvote 0
agreed with above. Even without hardware acceleration gingerbread is fast, CM7 is stable, even though they are still building the nightlies toward and RC. Quadrant scores don't mean anything but gingerbread is the best of the best, coming from someone who started with 2.1 on their incredible. So much improvement since then and that was only what like 8-10 months ago?

Reactions: Stupifier
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones