1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

question about gingerbread?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mach1man, Feb 10, 2011.

1. mach1man

mach1man Android Expert

Is there a way to flash 2.3 onto the incredible without having to be rooted?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. fliptwister

fliptwister Well-Known Member

3. jbdan

jbdan Extreme Android User

Yes probably by this summer (July maybe?) I'm guessing. At the moment there is no way. Root=Ginger now!

4. Stupifier

Stupifier Android Enthusiast

I've read around some thread here people saying Gingerbread doesn't really do much at all for Incredible.....truth to that?

Some even mentioning that their Copy/Paste was a bit altered for the worse

5. bowerman

bowerman Guest

False. Gingerbread made my incredible EASILY twice as fast. I would not own this phone anymore if i had to go back to stock sense. ALso, copy and paste is actually useable now. Go try CM7. ITs bad ass.

Stupifier likes this.
  6. WBMc36

WBMc36 Android Enthusiast

agreed with above. Even without hardware acceleration gingerbread is fast, CM7 is stable, even though they are still building the nightlies toward and RC. Quadrant scores don't mean anything but gingerbread is the best of the best, coming from someone who started with 2.1 on their incredible. So much improvement since then and that was only what like 8-10 months ago?

Stupifier likes this.

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews