1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Question about Google Voice SMS notifcation

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Nabraham, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Nabraham

Nabraham Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2009
    Quality Assurance Analyst
    Ok, got my google voice invite, set myself up with a new number and so far mostly everything is working great.

My only problem, is that when i get SMS, the phone isn't lighting up like normal. In settings, i have it set to blink status light when a text comes in but it's not working. Vibration works and it makes a dinging noise but no light. Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks.

Advertisement

2. Nabraham

Nabraham Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2009
    Quality Assurance Analyst
    Bump, anyone?

3. rick311

rick311 Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2010
    use smspop up to help solve your problems.

4. Jmtegra

Jmtegra Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Pensacola, FL
    Not trying to hijack your thread but when i get a sms for google voice it sends me a notification for the voice app and also a notification in the native messaging app. Anyway to change this other than disabling notifications in the native app as i use it for sms for my regular number.

5. HunterJohnson

HunterJohnson Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    vb
    In the voice app go to settings-notifications and un check the get sms for voicemail. This will allow you to just receive a notification through the voice app.

Pro:
    Notifications show up as different icon so you can tell the difference between them and a text

Con:
    have noticed that it takes about a 1-2 min after the missed call for the notification to show up

6. Jmtegra

Jmtegra Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Pensacola, FL
    Im asking about SMS notifications not voicemail =/

7. HunterJohnson

HunterJohnson Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    vb
    so your saying since you installed google voice, you no longer recieve the flashing light notification when you recieve text messages?

If not then im just a little confused on what you mean by sms notifications through google voice.

Also noticed if you have the message app up/open when recieving a text it will sometimes not blink, and have not found a work around for this.