• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Question about Google Voice

Im about to be new to the use of Google Voice and i was wondering when it comes to the 2 choices you have when making the new account.Of those of you that have it,which choice do you think is better and why?Making a new number or keeping your old one?it would seem that the perks of the new number are better but i having a hard time deciding on that one cuz that would mean id have to let everyone know on my contact list my new number.....and thats a WHOLE LOT.if i could get some perspective on some of your personal use of it i think it would help make my decision easier.thanks

thanks alot guys.you very much clarified its usage.i thought with a new google number that it would replace my number completely.it would also be nice to have another number for my "not looking forward to have to talk to"people :D thanks again
I'd suggest just switching entirely to the GV number. You can only use all the features with the GV number. It's really not that difficult to get people to switch in my experience. You can set up you carrier's voicemail with a message telling people to use the GV number.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones