• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Question about Hero clock/alarm

pipskicks

Jan 12, 2010
I read that the flip clock is a battery drainer, so I figured I'd switch it out. I like the HTC weather, but I sorta want a digital clock.

HTC's alarm settings etc. are great, I'd like to keep those setting as the clocks that are on the market I'm guessing won't have as many features if they're free.

But can I swap my HTC clock widget yet still have HTC run my alarm? I'm not really sure if I can do this or not, but I didn't want to download/install a clock over the stock one and need to get it back, so I was wondering if anyone had done this before.

Sorry about being confusing. I had the flip clock, they have a few more but I didn't really like any, I wanted some sort of digital looking clock with big numbers. They don't have one, the market has 1,000,000 clocks lol.

But now if I change my clock out, it WON'T be the HTC one because I don't like any of the skins, but I DO like the alarm, stopwatch etc. that you get from clicking on the HTC widget. Now if I put a new widget, that's not the HTC widget, can I still use the alarm, stopwatch etc.?

I know kinda confusing, I guess just non-stock clock widget, with the stock alarm is the best way to state it. If I use a 3rd party clock widget, how do I use my phone's stock alarm?

Upvote 0
I don't use the clock widget and still use the alarm from the standard clock app. It works fine. You can still download other clock widgets and be fine.

Thanks, I couldn't find that answer I just saw something about someone trying to rename a 3rd party clock, I'm going to download a new widget, I think the flip clock is the only cool non-analog clock they have.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones