• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Question About HTC Desire HD & Upcoming HTC Merge/Lexikon?

hey guys i am Very new here so bear with me for a second. i am currently a Blackberry Curve owner and i am just getting tired of it. so my girlfriend recently purchased the HTC Incredible. WOW i was blown away i love the phone and im using her phone more than her or so.

Recently i saw the announcement of the HTC Desire HD, which is supposed to be the EVO for other phone carriers that i have been reading correct? im on Verizon and was hopeing for a EVO version coming to that but then i read the HTC Desire HD is not available in the US. does anyone know if this will ever come to the US? or an EVO like phone

is this HTC Merge/Lexikon code name supposed to be like the EVO with a QWERTY Pad? i really like the whole HTC interface and wanted to get the droid X but i saw it wasnt HTC.

sorry it was kind of long. im looking to become a new android user soon!

Desire HD will probably be coming to T-Mobile as the MyTouch HD. Not Verizon, sorry!

The Merge/Lexicon looks to me like it's better compared to the G2/Desire Z. If the Incredible isn't good enough for you, you might be interested in the HTC Desire CDMA, though I'm not positive if that works on Verizon. If you want a qwerty keypad, wait for the Merge.

Upvote 0
bgr and a few other sites 2 or 3 weeks back posted an evo-ish device coming to verizon for the holidays. i would think that verizon would almost certainly have another 4.3 incher coming out by then (hopefully not a locked down motorola)

oh wow so you think i should hold out then? its not this merge then am i correct? people are saying is like the G2 for verizon. i have an upgrade since august haha so im kind of waiting a bit.

should i wait for this "EVO" verizon phone or just get the Droid? i love HTC though hmm

Upvote 0
i have a HTC Desire HD or Inspire 4G with AT&T which is unlocked. i just installed an app on it , a Persian (Farsi) soft keybored. i activated the keybored and then turnd the screen off as usual. i had a security password to start my phone. problem is after i turned the screen back on its asking my the password as usuall but its showing the persian keybored. now im not able to use my phone. i tried to take the battery out and restard the phone again but it didnt help. PLZzzz Help Me :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones