• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help question about huawei ascend g510

sennylynk

Lurker
Jul 25, 2013
hi everyone, i got a couple of questions about the huawei ascend g510, first ive noticed that when it starts up it lags a lill idk if this is normal and also when i play videos at youtube the sound volume isnt quite loud, r this issues normal? thanks for ur help and gl ^^

It's normal:( .The official firmware makes the device lag a bit sometimes.I HIGHLY recommended that you ROOT your phone in order to unlock its abilities. I you want me to help you with the rooting just say so. The sound quality is also bad and I suggest downloading software that can fix that.
Hi all,

I have rooted my g510-0100 succesfully and even though I installed some popular apps like Greenify, I haven't seen any difference whatsoever... Am I missing sth? Should I put a custom firmware? I cannot find any that is available for g510.........

Please heeeelp......

Upvote 0
Hi all,

I have rooted my g510-0100 succesfully and even though I installed some popular apps like Greenify, I haven't seen any difference whatsoever... Am I missing sth? Should I put a custom firmware? I cannot find any that is available for g510.........

Please heeeelp......

Rooting any phone will not independently increase performance. Just got the G510 myself. Agree with the reviews. This phone would have been so much better with 1GB of RAM. 512MB just doesn't cut it.

Rooting would allow us to overclock the CPU to 1.5GHz, but I really don't think it will solve that lag we experience while using RAM intensive apps. Try Pitfall! as one review stated. It plays fine for a moment, pauses, plays fine and so on. Believe it is the RAM hitting wall?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones