1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Question about included MicroSD Card?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by NefariousAryq, Nov 6, 2009.

1. NefariousAryq

To anyone that already has the Droid Eris... can you confirm what speed rating the included MicroSD card is? Just for curiosity sake. I currently have an 8gb class 4 card in my current phone, so if the Eris comes with only a class 2 I'll use the card I already purchased, instead.

Maybe we'll get lucky and it will come with a class 6 card :)

My phone shipped, will be here MONDAY by 3pm! CAN'T WAIT!!!
    ~Aryq~

Advertisement

2. Aerimus

Aerimus Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2009
    Upstate NY
    Somewhere I swear someone had a link that showed it was class 6...but I can't find it for the life of me. And unfortunately I don't have an Eris to confirm. Anyone that has the phone wanna chime in?

3. NefariousAryq

That's what I *thought* I had read as well... but it seemed too good to be true for such an inexpensive phone, which is why I was looking for confirmation :)

My phone arrived at the FedEx facility here in Indianapolis early this morning... too bad I won't get it until Monday. Boo :p

~Aryq~

4. azwinter

azwinter Member

Nov 1, 2009
    its got a big ol 2 on it! No class 6 here.
    I purchased a class 6 16Gb just swapped them out.

5. NefariousAryq

Thanks for the confirmation, az! That's kinda what I figured the answer might be :)

Thanks again!
    ~Aryq~

6. mcbtrain929

mcbtrain929 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2009
    ChiTown
    whats the difference between a speed rating 2 and speed rating 6 for a memory card? also, what else can you store on a memory card besides pics and songs? yes, i'm a real newbie, i know :D, but any help would be appreciated.