1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

question about installing Mikg-v3.11

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by congaman59, Apr 16, 2012.

1. congaman59

congaman59 Well-Known Member

I saw 2 different files3.11 on the page with MikG-v 3.11
    A signed on an a signed update file. If I flash that rom should I flash both files, signed, and then the update?
    MikG v3.11 [3/9/2012]

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. bigbear6708

bigbear6708 Android Enthusiast

if you already have mikg3.1, then just run the update to 3.11 (wont delete your data). If you dont have 3.1, then run the full 3.11 download after doing a clean wipe (cache, dalvik, sd ext and superwipe).

3. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

just flash the full version. the update is for if you have mikg3.10. mik has done this to his roms so that if you had the latest version and then he updates the rom again, you will not need to do a full wipe. you would only need to wipe dalvik cache and cache and then flash the updated version.

but if you are on a different rom or an older version of mikg then you will need to do a full wipe and then flash the full version.

4. congaman59

Well I put the rom on my phone and have been reinstalling my apps. I am now getting messages in gooogle appps that says "your device is not compatable with this version of the apps.
    I'm getting it on Dolphin browser HD, Vlingo,Shazam, and app brain market amongst othrs. Why would this be happening???? Are there any phone updates I need to run? PRL, Profile, HTC software updates?

5. dustwun77

dustwun77 Endeavor to Persevere :)

6. congaman59

I already hve Google Play on my phone. If that's the only thing this does.

7. dustwun77

I already had it too but there was something wrong with it or it was an older version. It wouldn't let me dl free apps.

I put on the newer version and it fixed it right up. I was hoping it would do the same for you.

ocnbrze likes this.
  8. congaman59

Oh I see. I'll try it then and see if this might be the fix.
    Thanks,

dustwun77 likes this.
  9. dustwun77

Also, if this fixes you up or not. While rooted, you do not ever want to accept htc software updates.

any good they might contain will show up in our custom roms.

10. congaman59

It seems like The SD card was coming out of the slot. I pushed it back in and it read the SD card. That took care of the problem. I think the heat is causing the card to come loose.

11. dustwun77

Well that is different. :p

I haven't heard of that before. Was it pushed in well to begin with?

I hope that heat isn't a sign of some sort of hardware problem or something.

Glad you got it working!

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews