1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Question About JWR66N/JWR66V

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by wbsmolen, Aug 2, 2013.

1. wbsmolen

wbsmolen Lurker
    None

Aug 2, 2013
    Hi - I have a Galaxy S4 rooted and running 4.3 JWR66N. I would like to upgrade to JWR66V, but retain all my data (not restore > wipe), because I heard it gets greater battery life - and I just like staying up to date :p Is this possible? I attempted just flashing the GS4 JWR66V ROM over my device and it booted saying it has unauthorized software.

Advertisement

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    Welcome to Android Forums. :)

Is your S4 branded or do you have the Google Edition? Generally speaking, in place updates must come from Google (or your carrier, if it's branded) and will update without resetting your phone. If you want to flash a leaked release, it will wipe your phone.

The unauthorized software warning is something Samsung puts in their recovery to scare the bejeezus out of you. did your phone boot otherwise?

3. wbsmolen

wbsmolen Lurker
    None

Aug 2, 2013
    Thank you :) it's the AT&T version, but it's rooted and I flashed the Google Edition 4.3 JWR66N onto it. I hate the Samsung version.

There's no way I can flash the leaked JWR66V over mine? :( Darn - are there any apps that will do full backups of my device, game data, etc and then restore it over a different ROM? That way I could just wipe my device and flash the new one. Excuse the noob-ness haha I was a long time iPhone user who made the jump to Android. Still getting my feet wet.

4. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    Since you're rooted already, check out Titanium Backup. It will backup your apps and data for you.

5. wbsmolen

wbsmolen Lurker
    None

Aug 2, 2013
    Thank you!