• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Question about K-9 Mail

flu13

Android Enthusiast
Nov 23, 2009
I use this app for getting my Hotmail on my Samsung Moment, so first off, if there's something better, please tell me.

But here's my issue that I really hope someone has advice for: The app by default loads 25 messages. When you get a new message, it bumps an old one off the list so that you still have 25 loaded. If you delete the new message, the message that was previously #25 gets reloaded, but, quite annoyingly, it indicates that this is a NEW message. Is there a setting that I'm missing somewhere?

Its not reporting that its a "new" so much as its reporting the number of "unread". If you click below the last message, from your "Inbox" view, there should be a label inside of empty space, where you can "Load...more messages".

If you check you folder, class, and sync settings, you can change your accounts behavior.

Your alternatives, other than the native POP3 mail app are importing your POP3 mail account into GMail (done on the gmail web site, via your gmail "settings" tab), and having the Gmail app on the Droid manage your Hotmail.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones