• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Question about LPP, various ROMs

Zumi

Android Enthusiast
Jul 16, 2010
Is there a reason that LPP runs so much smoother than the stock launchers in each ROM? Is it just the memory settings for LPP are that much better?

That's the one thing that made the iPhone appealing to me (trust me, the only thing) is that it has such smooth graphical transitions from screen to screen. LPP is close to it as you can get, as far as I can tell. Unless I am missing some settings with current ROMs.:thinking:

That's the one thing that made the iPhone appealing to me (trust me, the only thing) is that it has such smooth graphical transitions from screen to screen.

Agreed. But, it's a combination of the closed architecture, minimal to no multi-tasking, and hardware. After rooting and removing a ton of bloatware, as well as installing LPP, my DX feels very smooth now....but admittedly, it still is a tad less responsive than an iPhone 4.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones